“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” (Matthew 6:33)
As Jesus issued the words recorded in Matthew 6:33, He was communicating a very specific principle regarding our faith:
Provision is about priorities.
Mature faith — the kind that doesn’t fluctuate— isn’t predicated on your feelings.
This might mean…
● Praying when you feel like complaining
● Starting your day with God’s Word rather than scrolling through social feeds
● Asking for help instead of entering into isolation
● Expressing gratitude for what you have instead of entertaining envy about what you don’t
● Serving others rather than indulging yourself
If you want a faith that doesn’t fluctuate, it begins with making your faith about more than your feelings.